ACIIA (The Association of Certified International Investment Analysts)
The ACIIA® is a not for profit association established in June 2000 and its secretariat is located in Frankfurt, Germany. Its role is to establish and supervise the professional examinations for the CIIA® diploma and to award the qualification. The objective of the association is to provide a flexible, internationally recognized qualification, which examines candidates at a high standard and in a practical fashion in the topic areas that are necessary to pursue a career in the investment profession, and in doing so it strives to:
- Encourage and provide a forum for the creation and interchange of ideas and information in the finance and investment field;
- Support and promote the interests of the investment community; and
- Promote ethical behaviour in the industry.
Membership of the ACIIA includes two federations (EFFAS and ASIF) and 25 national/regional societies: Algeria, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, Chinese Taipei, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Lithuania, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, and Vietnam.
As an important ACIIA® society, SAAJ participates in producing CIIA® examinations, study guides, and guidelines based on “CIIA Syllabus”, and various bylaws regarding the ACIIA/CIIA administration.
- ACIIA Brochure[PDF]
Chairman： Yasuhiro Maehara, President & CEO, SAAJ Japan
Deputy Chairman： Jean-Baptiste Bellon, President, SFAF France
Registered Office： Buelach, Zurich, Switzerland
ASIF (Asian Securities and Investments Federation)
ASIF was first formed by a group of dedicated securities analysts in 1979 under the name of ASAC (Asian Securities Analysts Council), which was incorporated and renamed ASAF (Asian Securities Analysts Federation) in 1995. To reflect the change in career interest in securities research and investment as well as to accommodate a broader membership, the federation adopted its present name in 2008. The stronger representation at the regional and global level will help promote the exchange of views and constructive dialogue among practitioners, professional assosiations, and regulators within the region.
The aims of the federation are to promote the interests of the finance and investment community in Asia and Oceania, and to assist the development of finance and investment professionals through the interchange of ideas and provision of means to facilitate communication among the community.
Specific objectives are:
- to foster closer professional association among finance and investment professionals, including the development of relevant professional associations in Asia and Oceania;
- to assist the development of knowledge within financial markets, by fostering educational programs, examinations and accreditation, industry research and publications, conferences, and professional development;
- to raise the standards of professional practices in financial markets by promoting ethical standards, high and consistent standards of corporate disclosure and accounting practices, and improved legislation and regulation of financial markets; and
- to do all other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of these objectives.
ASIF consists of 8 analyst associations in Asia and Oceania: Australia, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam.
As ASIF board member, SAAJ plays a leading role in terms of cooperation among members in the region through collaborative educational events and information exchange on each member's educational programs and professional standards such as ethics and professional conduct.
ASIF participates in ACIIA® as a federation member and, SAAJ supports dissemination of the CIIA® program to ASIF members in accordance with the enhancement of quality of ASIF members' educational programs.
For more information about ASIF and any of its members, please visit ASIF website at www.asif.org.au
Chairman: Paiboon Nalinthrangkurn (Investment Analysts Association Thailand)
Registered Office: NSW Australia
Contact Person: Kazumichi Karita (Manager)
Asian Securities and Investments Feduation
c/o The Securities Analysts Association of Japan
5F, Tokyo Stock Exchange Building
2-1 Nihonbashi-Kabutocho, Chuo-Ku